Sunday, February 28, 2010

damn you band-wagon

Okay so I totally didn't expect it but it's happened. Caleb and i gave in last night and watched Food Inc. I didn't think what I saw would affect me but guess what it DID!
So as a family we've decided to go (mainly) vegetarian. We had already cut out almost all beef from our diet a couple years ago, by only using ground turkey. Which will prob. still be used when we have a meat attack.
I've spent today searching for veg. recipes and found quite a few that sound YUMMY and i think my family can eat too! The best part is the calories of each meal is 400 or less for dinner!! We've also decided not to eat out. Not like we have tons of great choices here anyway.
I'm super optimistic about this choice and can't wait to get to the store to buy all the things for our new meal plan!
So wish us luck!!
Not about food....
Today I had to take Opie and katai to the vet for shots and to get Opie micro-chipped. So with Travis in tow, we load up the dogs and go to the vet. amazingly it went AWESOME!!! The dogs were saints and TJ was well behaved! Opie however is not a fan of the leash so I had to carry his all of 10lbs butt. Not a big deal since I do it anyway =0) Okay so i may spoil him a bit.... BUT he lets me hold him like an infant while i watch t.v. so he deserves it =0)
Anyway- hope all is well where you are!!
*peace & love*

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I vow not to watch this...the band wagon is not a place for me. I say this as I plan our mexican meal tonight. :) What I don't know won't kill me...I hope.

    ReplyDelete